Warning and welcome!

Warning! This is NOT your little sisters blog! If you're looking for the latest review of the Anthropologie catalogue, or a linky party or even an instagram photo you are in the wrong place. What I've got is the popcorn-for-dinner, teenage-daughter-as-a-different-species, homeschooling, hospicing kind of life and that's exactly what I intend to write about. So sit down on a sticky chair, pull up a cup of tea that you've rewarmed in the microwave 3 times and have a laugh at the Further Adventures of Cassie Canuck; homeschool edition.



Friday, February 26, 2010

Diary of a snow day 7:30 AM

It's a snow day. I've said before that the whole concept is a little foreign to me because back home we would have gone to school in this but apparently it's a big storm since all the schools this side of the state are closed. And I'm mad!

First of all Little Miss Teen has the day off for an in service so she would have been home anyways. But we're not supposed to be home today.

My depression is having a pretty severe flair these days. Some days I don't want to get out of my pjs and leave the house. Other days I'm desperate to do go somewhere, anywhere! Can you guess what kind of day today is regardless of the weather?

We are supposed to travel to a city an hour away for a field trip to a police station. Please God let this be the only time I see my boys in the back of a police car. Then run some errands like getting Little Miss Teens bangs cut. It sounds like a small thing but when you have depression small things ARE big things! Besides I've been trying for weeks to get them done and haven't found the time. Don't suggest that I do them myself because I always cut them too short. And, I was supposed to have a lunch date with a friend. I've been trying to set up this lunch date for the past 6 weeks and I'm desperate for adult conversation so this just isn't good.

The house is half clean. Well...... maybe only a third. If I were in a glass half full mood I would say that being stuck at home today gives me more time to clean. Right now my thought is that having everyone at home means I'm going to have to work hard to make sure they don't mess up the clean areas. You want something to stay clean leave the house.

More guilt. I think if I was a good mom I'd do creative things with my kids on snow days or every day for that matter. I'd make cookies and pull out the art supplies. Honestly my goal for the day is to keep everyone from killing each other and the house standing. I'll employ whatever means necessary including let them have the TV all day (so what else is new) and early nap times. Popcorn is my go to snack on days like this.

The good news is that in anticipation of this storm Huggyband stopped and picked up diapers and a few things for lunch so I don't have to go out today. The other good news is that the church 5 minutes down the road is having family game night. It's a straight shot down the highway so I don't see why we couldn't make it. If they cancel I will cry because that's what I was planning on doing for dinner.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment