Warning and welcome!

Warning! This is NOT your little sisters blog! If you're looking for the latest review of the Anthropologie catalogue, or a linky party or even an instagram photo you are in the wrong place. What I've got is the popcorn-for-dinner, teenage-daughter-as-a-different-species, homeschooling, hospicing kind of life and that's exactly what I intend to write about. So sit down on a sticky chair, pull up a cup of tea that you've rewarmed in the microwave 3 times and have a laugh at the Further Adventures of Cassie Canuck; homeschool edition.



Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well.........here goes.............?

Something? Nothing? I don't know? My Canadian contingent of friends and family, forever more to be reffered to as the CC, urged me to start a blog. They're basing their confidence in my writing skills on a series of emails I wrote to them when I was an ESL teacher in Korea about 7 years ago. Back then I wrote to handle the stress of living away from home. Now I'm writing to? Oh yeah handle the stress of living away from home!

Technically home is an American city that also starts with the letter "C". (Cassie in "C" like that song we used to sing as kids, "S" my name is Sarah and I live in Salt Lake City" and ----). I work really hard at getting through my head that THIS IS home. But really my home is Kamloops BC Canada http://www.tourismkamloops.com/ We pause now while I think of every dang country song about leaving home like the Dixie Chicks "Wide open spaces." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlDPPu53V80 and "Who says you can't go home" with Bon Jovi (happy sigh) and Jennifer Nettles.

Of couse I'm married to Mister Wonderfull (sorry Auntie and Uncle I'm using your nickname). Maybe I'll rename him Huggyband? although he really isn't. When we first met I called him my Sweet Babboo after the nickname Sally called Linus in the Peanuts comic strip. Everyone said that name made them sick to their stomach. I could take the Phyllis Diller route and call him "Fang." And I have 3 perfect children (roll eyes) whom I will come back and dub with cute nicknames later. The youngest is for sure "Little Bunny Foo Foo" after the following badly sung songhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6xKM-H2awE

Ok, that's it, that's all for now while I figure out if this actually works. So far it's a lot of fun. More fun than the laundry I should be doing right now........

5 comments:

  1. YIPPEE! Your first (and honoured) follower! I cannot be held responsible for the neglect my house and family may suffer because I am impatiently waiting at the computer for your next Blogs! WE MISS YOU CASSIE THE CANUCK and I am GLAD YOU ARE BACK! I think you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Cassie! Welcome to blogging! It's so much fun (and terribly addictive :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Cassie! Great to see you blogging and I look forward to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got here. Boo hoo, I wanted to be the first, but I am literally illiterate! When it comes to all this new computer stuff that is. Cassie-the-Canuck - you are amazing - just like your loving step mother! Great start my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot woot! My daily dose of entertainment is coming from you!! ... Again! I hope blogging helps you sort out the stuff that needs sorting, and in the meantime we all get to enjoy the ride. :)

    ReplyDelete